Nettle & eucalyptus soap
Making this soap of nettle has long been of interest to me for it's healing properties. 🌿
The soothing properties of nettle for the skin have been known since ancient times, remedies to aid inflammation, psoriasis, acne, and aging skin. Nettle extract and crushed leaves contain the following vitamins:
- Vitamin C acts as a powerful antioxidant.
- Vitamin A contributes to the preservation of elasticity, improvement of blood circulation and cell renewal.
- Vitamin B improves the general condition of the skin.
- Vitamin K is able to rid the skin of swelling, freckles and pigmentation, and has an active anti-inflammatory effect.
- Vitamin E protects the skin from harmful UV rays and slows the aging process in it.
I added a fresh blend of eucalyptus essential oil.
I suspect this soap will become a favorite of mine. Stinging nettle grows in abundance. Farmers and locals have come to know it's benefits for the skin, but also enjoy it in teas and cooking.
Ingredients: Organic olive oil, organic coconut oil, Shea butter, nettle extract, distilled water, lye, eucalyptus essential oil.